GERIATRIC BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES
Geriatric Behavioral Health Services is an inpatient program designed for individuals 60 years and older. We provide treatment for:
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Dementia with Behavioral Disturbance
- Psychotic Disorders
Our private 18 bed unit features a homelike environment with a large outdoor patio, courtyard and garden.
Our interactive program offers:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Psychological Testing & Consultations
- Group Activities and Family Therapies
- After Care Arrangements
Referrals are accepted from many sources including family members, physicians, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, community agencies and clergy members.
We also provide:
- 24/7 Comprehensive Behavioral Health Assessments by a licensed behavioral health professional for placement and referral
- Physician to physician consults
For assessment and referral information, please call:
Toll Free: (800) 937-3873
Behavioral Medicine Center - Decatur (256) 306-4000
Behavioral Medicine Center – Huntsville/Madison County (256) 551-2710
Behavioral Medicine - Athens / Limestone (256) 233-9247
Forwarding recent lab and progress notes will be helpful to facilitating admission.