Decatur Morgan West offers confidential inpatient and outpatient psychiatric programs for children, adolescents and adult patients. Our safe, structured programs focus on patients who can best be served in a short-term to medium length of stay setting. Our specialized, multi-disciplinary team utilizes interactive/interpersonal therapies to work with patients in the way they think, feel and behave. The Treatment Team consists of psychiatrists, counselors, social workers, activities therapists, nursing staff and teachers.
If you are concerned that your loved one is in crisis, call (256) 973-4000 to speak to an Assessment and Referral Coordinator.
Pediatric and Teen Services
Our inpatient program cares for children and adolescents experiencing emotional and behavioral problems such as depression, mood swings, suicidal thoughts, self mutilation or violent and aggressive behavior. Our team works closely with the patients and family members utilizing psychotherapy, family therapy as well as recreational therapy. With a separate children’s unit and adolescent unit, we focus on age appropriate care administered by a multidisciplinary team of mental health professionals led by a Psychiatrist.
If you are concerned a child or adolescent is in crisis, call (256) 973-4000 to speak to an Assessment and Referral Coordinator. All insurance plans are accepted.
- Free screening by a mental health professional to determine care needs
- Short-term acute care for children ages 4 to 12 and adolescents ages 13 to 18
- Our multidisciplinary team utilizes interactive/interpersonal therapies to work with patients in the way they think, feel and behave.
Education coordinators provide age-appropriate educational services daily. Chromebooks are available in the classroom for patients to access school assignments
- Assessment and referral services 24/7
Visitation hours for family by appointment. Virtual visitation is also available.
- Our safe, structured programs focus on patients who can best be served in short- term to medium length of stays (3 to 7 days).
- If criteria are met and the individual is accepted for admission, he or she may be transported to Decatur Morgan West. Transportation is not provided by Decatur Morgan West.